Friday, March 3, 2017

Aidells Chicken & Apple Sausage: Juicy, Gluten-Free Sausages You'll Enjoy

I was making a mock-German dinner the other night and wasn’t too impressed with the nutrition labels on the bratwurst and knockwurst packages, so I started looking around at the other similar products there in the meat case. That’s when I saw Aidells Chicken & Apple Sausage. I was delighted to flip over the package and see that Aidells Chicken & Apple Sausages are gluten-free sausages that contain no MSG, was relatively low in fat, and contain no hormones.

Flavor


I know what you’re probably thinking – how could chicken sausages taste good? That’s the thing that surprised me, I must confess. I figured I was buying a “healthy sausage” that really wouldn’t taste as good as beef-based sausages.


Let me tell you, Aidells Chicken & Apple Sausages are impressive! They’re so juicy, flavorful, and truly enjoyable to eat – especially when realizing that the ingredient list consists of chicken, dried apples, fruit juice concentrate, salt, and spices. There’s also sodium nitrate and pork casing involved, too.


When I cut open my sausage, I noticed chunks of apple inside. This helps make the sausage taste flavorful and juicy.


It’s when I eat things like Aidells Chicken & Apple Sausage that I begin to wonder why we have to be eating sausage that contains tons of fat, MSG, grease, and all the other things that make sausages truly challenging for our bodies. Aidells Chicken & Apple Sausage reminds me that sausage can be (relatively) healthy and taste great and juicy.


Nutrition


OK, I won’t say Aidells Chicken & Apple Sausage is something you should be eating everyday, but if you’re going to buy and prepare sausage, then consider buying Aidells sausage. Yes, there is sodium nitrate in Aidells Chicken & Apple Sausage, but think of all the terrible things you are NOT getting in Aidells sausage. The ingredient list is largely composed of things any of us can actually grow in our backyards!


Here’s a rundown of the nutrition label on the Aidells Chicken & Apple Sausage package; one 3-ounce sausage link is a serving:


Calories 180
Calories from Fat 110
Total Fat 13 grams
Saturated Fat 4 grams
Trans Fat 0 grams
Cholesterol 80 mg
Sodium 690 mg
Total Carbohydrates 3 grams
Dietary Fiber less than 1 gram
Sugars 2 grams
Protein 14 grams


I say go out and compare some sausage labels and you’ll see why I’m a fan of Aidells Chicken & Apple Sausage. When you see just how tasty and juicy these sausages are, you’ll become a fan, too. I bought a 12-ounce package of Aidells Chicken & Apple Sausages at a Central Florida Publix in January 2010 for $5.99.


Resources


Personal and first-hand knowledge and experience
Aidells Chicken & Apple Sausage package


Labels: Aidells Chicken & Apple Sausage: Juicy, Gluten-Free Sausages You'll Enjoy

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...