Sunday, March 12, 2017

5 Reasons I Went from Being a Halo: Reach Fan to Being a Call of Duty: Black Ops Convert

I’ve been a Halo fan since day one, literally [11/15/01], but after the release of Call of Duty: Black Ops a few friends finally got me to play a Call of Duty game – and boy, was I blown away. Following are 5 reasons why I switched for Reach to Black Ops.

Weapons


One of the biggest bummers that came along with the release of Halo: Reach was the demise of my favorite Halo weapon of all time; the Battle Rifle (BR). Halo: Reach replaced the Battle Rifle with the Designated Marskmen Rifle and added one of the worst features ever – reticle bloom. When I first played Call of Duty: Black Ops, I was amazed at not only how many Assault Rifle options there were, but also the great amount of other awesome weapons that I had to choose from.


Better Maps


Some might argue that Halo: Reach has the better graphics over Call of Duty: Black Ops and vice versa, but none can argue that Halo: Reach has more details and well developed maps. Halo: Reach has more maps and Forge, but most of Halo‘s maps are remakes and Forge World variants whereas the maps in Call of Duty: Black Ops are all unique and well put together.


Armor Lock


Most of the reasons why I started playing more Black Ops than Halo: Reach has been because of how awesome Black Ops is, but this particular reason has something to do with how ridiculous Halo: Reach is. The Armor Lock armor ability in Halo: Reach drives me absolutely insane. Armor Lock is the most ridiculous and overpowered feature added to any Halo game – ever. I’m not butt-hurt because I get owned by Armor Lock [I don’t], I’m pissed because Armor Lock is just too overused and often unnecessary.


Credits that actually mean something


Both Halo: Reach and Call of Duty: Black Ops have their own currency system, but Black Ops, unlike Halo: Reach, allows you to gain in-game advantages and sport kickass weapons with your loot – instead of just allowing you to buy armor gear as is the case with Halo: Reach.


Classes


I know that you think that I’ve been living under a rock all of my life, but being that I’ve never played a Call of Duty game, I had no idea that they Black Ops would offer the level of customization that it did. In Halo: Reach, you’ll have to rush to and hoard the best weapons on each map, but Black Ops provides custom saved “Classes” that will allow you to spawn with your favorite weapons that caters to your personal playing style.


For more, read 5 Multiplayer Features I Wish Halo: Reach Would Steal from COD: Black Ops, 5 Reasons Halo: Reach is the Most Addictive Halo Game Ever , and 5 Tips to Earn Credits in Halo: Reach like a Pro


Check out my blog for more Tech and Gaming news.


Labels: 5 Reasons I Went from Being a Halo: Reach Fan to Being a Call of Duty: Black Ops Convert

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...