Tuesday, February 7, 2017

A Tribute to Coach Dream and Coach Achieve, The Perfect Team

I can’t remember their names or a single word they said, but I do know Coach Dream and Coach Achieve were the perfect team. These two female coaches were employed at Creekwood Middle School, 20 years ago. They worked together effortlessly and brought joy to their work. I can’t remember their names, but can describe them to the tee.

Coach Dream has shoulder length, chestnut hair that she rarely pulled up even while running. Coach Dream ran with us, demonstrated new skills, and showed our P.E. class and cross country team that working out could actually be fun.


Coach Achieve had short curly brown hair and a stocky build like a baseball player. Coach Achieve did the instruction, pep talks, and planning. Coach Achieve liked to talk strategy.


Together, Coach Dream and Coach Achieve taught female athletics and were the perfect team. I can’t remember a word they said, but I do remember the relationship and actions they modeled not only for me, but hundreds of students. Coach Dream and Coach Achieve encouraged each other, laughed often, and allowed each other to shine.


I have been blessed to serve in the U.S. Army and hold several jobs, yet I have never again seen two people work so well together. So I am thankful this Thanksgiving for the blessing of two coaches who modeled teamwork in a way that I have not been blessed to witness since.


Labels: A Tribute to Coach Dream and Coach Achieve, The Perfect Team

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...