Tuesday, February 7, 2017

A Review of Cape May Fat Free Chopped Clams: Only One Dollar

I am a big fan of clams and when I came across a can of Cape May Fat Free Chopped Clams in the canned foods section of my local Dollar Tree store, I was thrilled. I decided to purchase these, try them out and write a product review all about my personal experience with them. Here is what I discovered!


I happen to love clam chowder and clam dip, so I purchased several cans of Cape May Fat Free Chopped Clams. Each can was only one dollar. One can has three servings in it. That is a great deal, in my opinion. These clams are fat free. I also discovered that they are very low in calories. Fantastic! I could not wait to taste these! I decided to make a clam dip with the first can I opened. I added the clams to a food processor along with some cream cheese, sour cream, seafood and tartar sauces, sea salt and black pepper. I whipped this dip up and served. It was yummy! I liked the flavor of these clams. They were fresh tasting, tender and flavorful.


I then used the other two cans of these clams in my homemade clam chowder. It turned out spectacular. These clams were tender, juicy and tasty. They flavored my clam chowder perfectly. They are the right size too, so I did not have to do any extra chopping to them. I added the juices and all. I was very pleased. I rate Cape May Fat Free Chopped Clams four stars out of five stars. I will be buying this product again. If you have a dish that calls for minced or chopped clams, this one will do nicely. These are so affordable and high in quality. I loved them.


One serving has only 25 calories in it. 0 of those calories come from fat. Wow! One serving has 0 grams of total fat, I love it, 0 grams of saturated fat, 0 grams of trans fat, 10 mg’s of cholesterol, 250 mg’s of sodium, 1 gram of total carbs, 0 grams of dietary fiber, less than 1 gram of sugars and 4 grams of protein. This product won the environmental stewardship 2010 award for New Jersey. These clams are wild caught. The Cape May name has now changed to LaMonica fine foods, in honor of Peter LaMonica. This company has been ran by three generations. This is a product of the US. This facility operates the largest hand shucking facility in the USA.


I enjoyed trying Cape May Fat Free Chopped Clams and writing this product review about them. This company also has canned clam juice, sea clams and fried frozen clam strips. I was impressed with these clams and they were indeed delicious. Especially for one dollar canned clams. Since 1923, quality has been a family tradition. I can tell. This product is a winner.


Labels: A Review of Cape May Fat Free Chopped Clams: Only One Dollar

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...