Thursday, February 9, 2017

6 Great Ways to Recycle Plastic Grocery Bags

Saving the world starts with one person at a time. There are many things that you can do to help to recycle everyday products and plastic grocery bags are no exception. I came across 6 different things that you could use a plastic grocery bag for so that it can be recycled around the home. These tips will help also help you to save money when you recycle.

1. First thing is first, most companies are starting to take paper and plastic bags so that they may use them once again. Places like Wal-Mart, now have stations or boxes set by their doors so that people may bring their bags into their store to recycle. Next time you need to make a trip to Wal-Mart, take your bags with you so that you can place them in the recycle bin.


2. One of my favorite ways to recycle them is to use them as trash can liners. I have a small trash can set in every room of the house and the small bags are perfect for them. This also keeps me from having to purchase small trash bags at the store, which helps me to save money. This is another great budgeting tip.


3. A friend of mine came up with this next idea since she is the owner of a cat, she uses them to line her kitty litter box and also uses them as gloves when she has to use the pooper scooper.


4. Instead of buying bubble wrap, you can use them in their place. When I moved, I used all of our plastic trash bags to stuff inside and around the breakables. It works like a charm and again, it will help you to save money when you don’t have to purchase bubble wrap which can be expensive.


5. If you are packing things away, you could use them to store things like your shoes in so that they don’t get dirt on all your other things. I have also found a great use for them to wrap up things like the toilet plunger so that it does not create a mess.


6. Try storing one in your car or purse so that you can keep the trash in it’s rightful place. I keep one in my car so that I can put my trash in it so that it does not manage to get in the floor board and then kicked out when I get in and out of the car. This will help to keep the litter off of the ground.


There are lot’s of ways that you can recycle trash bags, just use your imagination and see what you can come up with. Recycling is a great way to save money and help the Earth at the same time.


Labels: 6 Great Ways to Recycle Plastic Grocery Bags

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...