Thursday, January 26, 2017

with This Ring

As I was rummaging the other day
I happened to come accross,
a ring that I had bought for you
and thought that I had lost.

Each diamond tells a story
of many years gone by,
with each and every memory
brings a tear to my eyes.


the first year we were married
we sealed it with this ring,
I had just turned twenty
you only sixteen.


the second year another diamond
just a small token of your worth,
you brought my life more meaning
than anything on earth.


the third year was even better
like living in a dream,
with more love and effection
another diamond to the ring.


another year gone by
they passed off by the score,
untill at last the diamond ring
had no room, for one diamond more.


Labels: with This Ring

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...