Monday, December 12, 2016

10 Things to Do While Waiting in a Doctor's Office

Let’s face it; everyone has to see a medical doctor, dentist, or eye doctor. However, there is always that waiting room that you have to sit in before you are even seen. Sometimes this can be annoying because you are on time for your appointment but your doctor always seems to be running behind schedule. I’m going to give you some tips that will make the time go faster or at least keep you busy while you are waiting to be seen by your doctor.

1. You can talk to the person next to you. I had a doctor’s appointment yesterday and I watched the gentleman sitting next to me just chatting away with the person next to him. He asked him questions and just stroked up small talk with him. When it was time for that person to be seen, the gentleman turned around and started chatting with me. I didn’t mind because it helped me to pass the time.


2. You can always bring a book to read to your doctor’s appointment. I observed several people reading novels while they were waiting for their turn. Sometimes it does help if you bring something you are interested in because it does make the time go by faster and it doesn’t seem like you are waiting that long after all.


3. If you forget your book, all doctor’s office waiting areas have complimentary magazines and newspapers for their patients. If you are interested in simple magazines and like to read articles then you should pick a magazine and enjoy.


4. Bring a word search book with you to your doctor’s appointment. This definitely does help to pass the time if you don’t really like to read magazines and books. Word searches are fun and you don’t have to put much effort in reading the words to find.


5. On my way to the restroom, I observed a woman who was knitting. I thought that was a good way to pass the time while waiting to be seen by the doctor. I would have never thought about knitting since I don’t know how to do it. This woman was very into it and her sweater was taking shape right before my eyes.


6. Most hospital waiting rooms have televisions in them. They may not be on the channel that you like to watch but a television is always on. If you don’t like reading or doing word search puzzles then watching television could be a way to pass the time while you are waiting to be seen by the doctor.


7. Everyone also has cell phones with them just in case someone is trying to reach them. To pass the time in the doctor’s office you could always call someone that you haven’t spoken to in a long time. You can talk on the phone until you are able to be seen by the doctor.


8. My husband likes to play games on his cell phone. Every cell phone comes with a set of complimentary games in it. My husband takes out his cell phone and plays poker on it. This helps him to pass the time because he hates waiting in the doctor’s office.


9. My cell phone has the capability to check my email messages on it and alerts me when I have new ones. I like to go to my inbox and see what new emails that I have and respond to them. Checking my email helps me from going stir crazy while waiting to be seen by the doctor.


10. If you don’t like reading, word searches, watching television, or messing with your cell phone then you can work on writing things down that you need to get done. Basically, it will be your “to do” list. I started one of these lists yesterday while I was waiting to be seen and I’m glad I did because I would have forgot about half of what I needed to get done.


I know that everyone dreads going to the doctor. It doesn’t even matter what type of doctor that you see, you will still need to wait in the waiting area before you can go back and be taken care of. I hope that these tips have helped you in finding things to do and keeping busy at your next doctor’s appointment.


Labels: 10 Things to Do While Waiting in a Doctor's Office

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...