Friday, December 16, 2016

10 Supplements that Help You Be Your Best

In order to look and feel my best, I take ten supplements a day. I’m going to share them with you. Hopefully some of them will help you feel better, too.

If I take nothing else every day, I take Magnesium 250mg tablets. It does more than anything else to keep my blood pressure where it needs to be. I take one tablet at breakfast, one at lunch, and the third before bed. Taken faithfully this way, my blood pressure reading has been around 128/83. I know that some people would say that’s high, but it is good for me. Without the magnesium it’s been as high as 150/100 (if you believe that people can take it accurately). I have also been helped my minimizing sodium and walking for exercise.


Go-to remedy number 2 is a Multivitamin. I do not pretend to have researched enough to find the “best one” or “the most effective one you can buy”. I just take the one that meets my needs (that means the one I can afford).


Since I’ve had several yeast infections, Acidophilus capsules rank third on my list. I take one with breakfast and one with lunch. I’ve found an inexpensive brand with one billion cultures, so that’s what I take.


When I take my Calcium tablet, I know I am doing what I can to protect my bones. Although I eat yogurt daily, I do not drink milk, so I take one 600mg tablet of plain calcium with the rest of my breakfast pills and a second one with the lunch group.


I have fibromyalgia. I learned from my eldest daughter (who’s had fibro for 10 years) that the one Vitamin D3 5000IU softgel I take daily makes a significant difference to my pain level. It does more than any drug I’ve taken. Additionally, we live in the Northeast and I have Seasonal Affective Disorder. Thanks to my D, I did not suffer disabling depression last winter.


Everyone knows that Vitamin C is a powerful immune booster and generally good tonic. I take a 500mg tablet with breakfast, and one with lunch. I haven’t had a cold or the flu in years.


Potassium helps me deal with the awful leg and arm cramps that I deal with at night. I take one 99mg tablet with my lunch regimen.


The next two stalwarts are the anchors for breakfast (Flax Oil 1000mg softgel) and lunch (Fish Oil 1000 mg softgel) with lunch. They ensure that I’m getting the Omega 3s I need (ALA, EPA and DHA).


The final member of my team is CoQ10. My husband is already on a statin and when his cardiologist recommended he take it, I looked into its beneftis for myself. It is important for a healthy cardiovascular system, and is depleted by statins. Reading that, I added it to my arsenal.


There you have them – the ten components of my daily routine. I am not a medical professional. I just know that they make a difference for me. I hope they’ll help you, too.


Labels: 10 Supplements that Help You Be Your Best

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...